A vague meme started by the Daily Wail, circulated by Bella… It’s guff, but fun(ish) guff.
1. Become a millionaire – easier in the age of QE
2. Travel the world – seen quite a bit, not enough though!
3. See the Northern Lights – I went to Amsterdam once…
4. Trek the Great Wall of China – I’d like to see it and wander along it for a bit.
5. Be mortgage free – see #1
6. Go to the Inca Trail – not easy for the unfit recent graduate with a dodgy gut, I assure you.
7. See all seven wonders of the world – don’t even know what they all are!
9. Invent something that changes lives – I change lives just by being here (pass the sick bucket)
10. Visit Antarctica – is that the one at the top or the bottom?
11. Go on the Orient Express – not yet… but I’ve taken a train in Argentina I must get points for that level of risk-taking
12. Go on an African Safari – Upcoming…
13. See the Taj Mahal – India is on my to do list
14. Learn to play the piano / guitar / drums – used to play the piano
15. Stay a night at the world’s best hotel – which is…?
16. Build your own house – see UK planning laws
17. Drive Route 66 in the US – I have driven a large chunk of I-95, does that count?
18. Go to Lapland – zero interest
19. Swim with dolphins / sharks – I’ve done whale-watching, near enough.
20. Emigrate – tried it, thought Australia was too much like England but without the soul, came back.
21. Learn to speak another language – used to be half decent at French and German, bit of Spanish, few words of Thai.
22. Own an island – part-owner of a very successful island nation…
23. Dine at a Michelin star restaurant – I might have done this already… I find beyond a certain level restaurants stop improving their food and concentrate too much on snobbery. I went to a Conran place and they didn’t have a winkle-spike to use with their seafood platter.
24. Write a novel – this blog is epic!
25. See Gorillas in the wild
26. Live and work abroad – see above
27. Hot air balloon ride – why not? Does Red Letter Days still exist?
28. Fly a plane – I’d prefer to fly a chopper
29. Travel to New Zealand in a Winnebago – that would be quite impressive.
30. Start and run your dream business – start? I’d rather take over a going concern…
31. Ride a Segway – bov
32. Go to Disneyworld – bov
33. Gamble in Las Vegas – AC is near enough.
34. Act as an extra in a Hollywood film
35. Dedicate time to volunteering – I think I should get several points for this.
36. Try out an F1 car – I’ve driven down the A1 at 140 mph in a normal car, who needs all the whizz-bang features?
37. Learn to fly a plane or helicopter – ?? See #28 – who wrote this load of tosh?
38. Have a family – nice idea, but they’d get some of my genes, I couldn’t do that to anyone least of all a family-member.
39. Be an extra in a movie – #34 again?
40. Climb a mountain like Everest – Climbing to Macchu Picchu in the dark was interesting, see #6
41. Buy a yacht – I don’t like water.
42. Meet your idol / favourite celebrity – I’m supposed to have a favourite celebrity?
43. Run a marathon – halfway there.
44. Watch a World Cup final – I went to the Euros in 2004 and the World Cup in 2006 and twice to the 2012 Olympics. I think that should count.
45. Meet the Queen – I sat a few feet away from the next King. Near enough.
46. Learn to surf – I don’t like water.
47. Go to Harry Potter World in Florida – Does this exist? If so, why? I’m all for people doing what they fancy in life but seriously, this should be as welcome as an Israeli passport stamp at the Iranian border.
48. Abseil down a mountain – *shrugs*
49. Do an army assault course – *shrugs*
50. Deep sea dive – I don’t like water.